воскресенье, 28 октября 2012 г.

Paul Nicholls: My Sunday runners at Aintree and Wincanton

Paul saddles eight runners in England this afternoon

Another busy afternoon for Paul Nicholls and here he talks exclusively to Betfair about his eight runners at Aintree and Wincanton...

13:40 Aintree - For Two

The hurdle that he won at Autueil back in March is not working out too badly at all - the second has run well in defeat since, and there have been wins for the 4th, 5th and 6th - but in truth I don't get overly-concerned by that. And what I see since he arrived here is a big, strong horse very much in the mould of Hinterland and one that I like. As ever, I reserve judgement on these types until they get out on the track and do it for me, and he does carry a 5lb penalty, but I am pleased with him. This looks a decent race though, as Handazan ran well when second to my Far West at Chepstow - though that gives a me a decent line! - and a couple of the debutants were rated 80+ on the Flat.

13:55 Wincanton - Minella Stars

I think it is fair to say that he isn't the most straightforward. But the fact is that he has never finished out of the frame and comes here having edged home at Newton Abbot last time. Has been upped 4lb for that, which makes life more difficult, but his record says he will be competitive once again. Will love the extended trip, too.

14:30 Wincanton - Comeonginger

Is a full brother to the ill-fated Brindisi Breeze. Was big and backward last season so we sent him to Richard Barber, and he won both his points. Is still a big baby but he is one for the future and schooled great on Wednesday morning. You often don't know what you have got with these pointers until you get them on the track - like Wilton Milan and Fox Run, who won the two divisions of a Worcester maiden hurdle earlier in the week, bizarrely in identical times! - but he is a good prospect from what we have seen at home.

14:50 Aintree - American Trilogy

We ran him in the Queen Alexandra Stakes at Royal Ascot, but that didn't come off and he ran poorly. From what I can see, he is handicapped to the hilt off 141 - the mark he finished fourth off at Haydock in May - and he often needs a run or two to put him straight, so I am not expecting a great deal. But he stays well and goes well at this track - a win and a second from two starts - so let's hope he surprises me. Harry takes 7lb off, too.

15:25 Aintree - Merrion Square

Was very disappointing in two starts last season but had a breathing operation and put those disappointments behind him with a couple of chase wins over 2m1f at Newton Abbot. And I think his defeat of Tiger O'Toole is pretty fair form, with that horse finishing second to Fingal Bay next time. I think Merrion's Square handicap mark of 128 is quite appealing, so I am hopeful of a good show.

16:00 Aintree - Funny Star

Won his only start at Auteuil in March, and is another who is only a novice until November 1, so we take our chance and see where we go from here. Is workmanlike at home, but let's see how we get on in a competitive environment and, despite the small field, this certainly looks a competitive race. Has a 10lb penalty for his win, so Harry takes 7lb off. Will be chasing before too long, I imagine.

16:15 Wincanton - Suerte Al Salto

He disappointed on his debut at Wincanton but he had a breathing operation shortly afterwards and showed the benefit when winning at Fontwell. The form of that race isn't that strong but he won well, and I can tell you that he is one of the fastest Old Vics I have ever had in the yard. Hopefully, he gives me a decent chance of winning the race that I sponsor, anyway!

16:30 Aintree - Sound Investment

Looked set to win on his point to point debut at Punchestown in February, before falling at the last. We bought him at the Newbury sales the following month, and we like what we see of this half-brother to the smart hurdler Gagewell Flyer. But he will be hurdling before too long and he will certainly come on for this, mentally and physically, too. And there are some promising sorts in opposition here.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий