суббота, 25 августа 2012 г.

The Punters In-Play Blog - Sergio to win back-to-back?

Sergio Garcia, could he win again this week?
Our man's only just home from his hols so he's still just getting his eye-in but he fancies Sergio could be the man to beat at The Barclays and there's hopes of a pre-event pick winning in Scotland. Read Steve's halfway thoughts here...
11:35 - August 25, 2012
I got back from my holiday yesterday morning, just in time to see my main Johnnie Walker Championship pick, Paul Lawrie, make back-to-back bogeys after he'd hit the front. Welcome home!
He settled down after that mishap though, paring his way through the next six holes before eagling the 9th and he goes into the weekend on -7, in a tie for third place alongside Brett Rumford and just one off the lead, held jointly by Mark Foster and Richard Finch.
My man heads the market now and his biggest danger looks to be Nicolas Colsaerts, who's two shots behind him on -5. There's plenty of chit-chat about who's going to make the Ryder Cup team but the big-hitting Belgian could determine his own destiny if he collects the title here, or indeed just finishes second, so he has plenty to play for.
There have been rumours that Padraig Harrington and European captain Jos Mara Olazabal don't see eye-to-eye after a spat at the Seve Trophy several years ago but they've been quashed by the Spaniard, who said, "If people believe that is interfering with my judgment then first of all they are completely wrong. If that was the case I would be failing as a captain."
I'm not going to get too wrapped up in who makes the team and who doesn't but I wouldn't be picking Pod. I don't think he should have gotten in at the expense of Paul Casey last time. When he did get the nod from Monty he was the weakest on the team and had it not been for Ross Fisher, who carried him twice, he'd have drawn a blank.
Anyway, back to the Johnnie Walker Championship and I've done nothing further as yet. If forced to make an in-play bet now it would probably be on Thorbjorn Olesen, who on -4 at halfway, may have had his sticky patch yesterday afternoon, when he played the back nine in two-over-par.
It just goes to show how fast the game moves on, I've been on holiday for just a fortnight but a lot has happened. Not only did Rory McIlroy win the USPGA Championship in extremely impressive fashion, cementing his place atop of the world rankings, but Sergio Garcia won again, and won again in style! And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he didn't follow up at The Barclays this week, an event I'm finding a little confusing...
I thought driving distance would be key this week and that big-hitting types could dominate, but the presence of accurate hitters like Bob Estes and John Senden (yet another superb Find Me A 100 Winner pick by Paul Krishnamurty) on the leaderboard flies in the face of that theory.
All three of my pre-event picks look out of the game so it's time to start afresh in-running and I can't really see past Sergio. He cost me a few quid last week because I layed both he and Jason Dufner with a round to go at the Wyndham Championship. He's extremely fragile mentally and can soon capitulate when in-contention but it was impossible to crab his performance last week and he could well kick on again this. He won back-to-back events in Spain last year and with the course getting tougher over the weekend, from a prime position at halfway, he could well do so again here.
Currently tied with Nick Watney at the top of the leaderboard on -8 with veterans, Vijay Singh and Bob Estes a shot back, followed by John Senden and Pat Perez on -6, I think you need to go to the group on -5, which includes, Tiger Woods and Rickie Fowler, before you find a big threat to the clearly on-song Spaniard. I have to confess, after two weeks away, I don't feel as though I'm fully tuned into the events this week just yet so I'm taking things steady before I get my eye back in but I thought at 5.39/2, Sergio was worth a small play.
Johnnie Walker Championship Pre-event Selections:
Paul Lawrie @ 34.033/1
James Morrison @ 160.0159/1
The Barclays Pre-event Selections:
Bubba Watson @ 34.033/1
Phil Mickelson @ 44.043/1
Graham DeLaet @ an average of 550.0549/1
In-Play Bet
Sergio Garcia @ 5.39/2

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий