пятница, 1 февраля 2013 г.

Supreme Novices' Hurdle: Billy's target depends on ground

Puffin Billy is unbeaten in four starts

Puffin Billy is likely to run in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle over two miles at the Cheltenham Festival if the ground remains on the soft side...

Trainer Oliver Sherwood had previously stated he was favouring the longer Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle for his unbeaten youngster, but the prevailing conditions have seen him have a change of heart.

Puffin Billy was entered last weekend in the race won by Rebecca Curtis' At Fishers Cross, but Sherwood decided to swerve it as he did not fancy running him over two miles and five furlongs for the first time in heavy ground.

"I was perturbed about running over that trip for the first time on very tiring ground," Sherwood told At The Races.

"He'll go to Exeter on Sunday week for a Listed hurdle over two-one. He's in A1 form and I'm very happy with him.

"He'll have entries in both races in March. I know I said I was swaying towards the Neptune but my gut feeling is if it's soft ground he'll almost certainly run in the Supreme and if it's drier than that I might switch to the Neptune. I'm pretty certain we'll wait until closer to the race (before making a definite decision).

Look out for Brand new features with Timeform Race Passes - In-Play Hints, Running Notes & Warning Horses. Find out more at timeform.com.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий